We’re looking for candidates to join our passionate and dynamic Board of Directors.We’re looking for people with knowledge of the Depot and food security who have had experience in organizations to volunteer for a 3-year term. The Depot’s board meets formally 6-8 times a year and the time commitment is approximately 4-6 hours a month, depending on what the Board is working on and the load of the committee(s) the member sits on.
This year, the nominations committee has identified five major priorities for board candidates:
- Diversity: We want our Board to reflect the full diversity of the people we serve. In particular, we are interested in people from minority and under-represented communities.
- Lived experience: We are also seeking people who have participated in Depot programs or who have experienced living with the challenges of poverty and food insecurity.
- Construction, design or real estate development experience: As we continue our search for a permanent home.
- Fundraising and government relations expertise: As we gear up to launch a capital campaign.
- Food security sector knowledge: Including best practices and latest research.
Other areas of expertise of interest include legal, finance, human resources, health, anti-poverty advocacy, communications (especially connections with francophone media) and governance.
Requirements for candidates
- Have fulfilled the membership requirements between April 1st, 2019 and March 31st, 2020.
- Be 18 years or older
- Able to serve a 3-year term and make the necessary time commitment
- Possess a functional comprehension of both English and French
- Possess the skills and expertise needed to address this year’s Board priorities
How to apply
If you’re interested, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by May 15th. Thanks!
Support with your application
If you would like any support in the application process or help developing the above materials, please do not hesitate to contact Mona at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? More information?
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Susan at email@example.com for any question regarding the Board or the application process. Board members with childcare requirements can be accommodated.