We’re looking for candidates to join our passionate and dynamic Board of Directors.
We’re looking for people with knowledge of the Depot and food security to volunteer for a 3-year term. The Depot’s board meets formally 6-8 times a year and the time commitment is approximately 4-6 hours a month, depending on what the Board is working on and the load of the committee(s) the member sits on.
The Depot is working towards creating a community-led organizational culture, where anti-oppression and anti-racism are priorities. To achieve this, we aim to recruit a board of directors that is representative of NDG’s diverse identities and lived experiences in order for our work to be by and for our communities.
This year, we’re looking for interested community members, in particular anyone who has a background in ANY the following areas:
- Experience or knowledge of food insecurity or poverty
- Human resources
- Experience in community sector/social services
- Cybersecurity / IT
- Government relations
Requirements for candidates
- Have fulfilled the membership requirements between April 1st, 2022 and March 31st, 2023.
- Be 18 years or older
- Able to serve a 3-year term and make the necessary time commitment
How to apply
- Application deadline: April 30th, 2023
- Speak to a staff or board member with whom you are comfortable with to get more information
- If you are unsure who to contact, feel free to reach out to Houda at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write a letter to express your interest and what you bring to the board, please include a CV if possible
- An interview will be set up with candidates where the nomination committee sees alignment
- A slate of candidates will be presented to the board
- Elections will be held at the AGM on June 17.
If you’re interested, please send your cover letter to email@example.com. Thanks!
Support with your application
If you would like any support in the application process or help developing the above materials, please do not hesitate to contact Houda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? More information?
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Bernicy at email@example.com for any question regarding the Board or the application process. Board members with childcare requirements can be accommodated.