The Depot Community Food Centre, formerly the NDG Food Depot, is a community-based non-profit organization founded in 1986 that works collaboratively with other community partners to address issues of food security in NDG and the surrounding areas.
Our objectives are:
- To increase access to healthy food for community members in situations of low income, in a respectful and dignified manner.
- To reduce social isolation and increase participants’ connections to a variety of supports.
- To strengthen skills, knowledge and healthy habits around food.
- To foster personal growth and community engagement among participants.
- To promote knowledge of poverty, social justice and food system issues, and create opportunities to take effective action on these issues.