We’re looking for candidates to join our passionate and dynamic Board of Directors.
We’re looking for people with knowledge of the Depot and food security to volunteer for a 3-year term. The Depot’s board meets formally 6-8 times a year and the time commitment is approximately 5-10 hours a month, depending on what the Board is working on and the load of the committee(s) the member sits on.
We want our work to be led by and for the diverse communities we serve. That’s why we are prioritizing recruiting people:
- from diverse backgrounds and cultural communities
- with lived experience with food insecurity, poverty, and oppression
- with knowledge of N.D.G. and Côte-St-Luc
- who bring an interest in anti-oppression work
- who may not have prior board experience
There are also other skills that would help us strengthen our work:
- government relations
- understanding of the community sector
- urban planning/real estate
Requirements for candidates
- Have fulfilled the membership requirements between April 1st, 2023 and March 31st, 2024.
- Be 18 years or older
- Able to serve a 3-year term and make the necessary time commitment
How to apply
- Application deadline: March 31st, 2024
- Speak to a staff or board member with whom you are comfortable with to get more information
- Write a letter to express your interest and what you bring to the board, please include a CV if possible
- An interview will be set up with candidates where the nomination committee sees alignment
- A slate of candidates will be presented to the board
- Elections will be held at the AGM on June 13.
If you’re interested, please send your cover letter to Caitlin at email@example.com. Thanks!
Support with your application
If you would like any support in the application process or help developing the above materials, please do not hesitate to contact Caitlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? More information?
If you want to know more about us and the work we do, please check out our ‘Media Coverage‘ page.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Caitlin at email@example.com for any question regarding the Board or the application process. Board members with childcare requirements can be accommodated.